El Segundo Blue Butterfly
You are lucky if you get a glimpse of these shimmering beautiful blue butterflies! Less than 1 inch across, this tiny butterfly is considered endangered. Their adult life is less than a few days and only inhabit a very small coastal prairie area of California. As the Coastal Prairie becomes diminished by urban development, their habitat and food (coastal buckwheat) are threatened. Invasive species of grass also push out the coast buckwheat, which is vital to the butterfly’s survival. The survival of this butterfly will rely on adequate habitat, introducing native plants, removing invasive plants, and protecting the dunes it lives in.
Size: 56 - 62 cm / one size fits most
Colors: Blue Teal | Lush Green Mesh
- 100% Polyester front / foam
- 100% Polyester mesh back
- Structured medium profile
- Plastic snap closure
- KATHERINE HOMES ARTWORK: Putting a spotlight on threatened wildlife, wildlands and the importance of conservation efforts through affordable and functional design. Katherine uses a blind contour technique for most of her work and hand paints all the designs using watercolor on wood.
- CLOTHING WITH A MESSAGE: A percentage of your proceeds goes to 1% For the Planet and a variety of organizations working to protect the wild. These hats were created with a belief that business should be driven by passion and the desire to better the world.
- ADJUSTABLE SNAP BACK: Adjust your baseball cap to your desired size. This Medium Profile hat is one size fits most. SIZE: 56-62cm.
- LIGHTWEIGHT MESH BACK: The trucker style cooling mesh back allows for a breeze on hot days. Allows you to keep cool and keep the sun out of your face while exploring outdoors.