The most interesting thing about this wild sunflower is that it was thought to be extinct for about 100 years until it was rediscovered in 1994. It is found in Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia and grows in open pastures or along roads.
Wildflowers require less water and fertilizer, are less prone to disease, and are more tolerant to pests. These flowers really are power flowers!
They also provide critical habitat for pollinators, beneficial insects and wildlife, which is important for the ecosystem function, and pollination. They can improve soil health, prevent erosion, help create groundwater filtration systems, and reduce the impacts of drought.
Its decline is due to lack of habitat, fire suppression and expanding agriculture.
Size: 56 - 62 cm / one size fits most
Colors: Caribbean Blue | Grey 100% Recycled Mesh
- 100% Polyester front / foam
- 100% Recycled Polyester mesh back
- Structured medium profile
- Plastic snap closure
- KATHERINE HOMES ARTWORK: Putting a spotlight on threatened wildlife, wildlands and the importance of conservation efforts through affordable and functional design. Katherine uses a blind contour technique for most of her work and hand paints all the designs using watercolor on wood.
- CLOTHING WITH A MESSAGE: A percentage of your proceeds goes to 1% For the Planet and a variety of organizations working to protect the wild. These hats were created with a belief that business should be driven by passion and the desire to better the world.
- ADJUSTABLE SNAP BACK: Adjust your baseball cap to your desired size. This Medium Profile hat is one size fits most. SIZE: 56-62cm.
- LIGHTWEIGHT MESH BACK: The trucker style cooling mesh back allows for a breeze on hot days. Allows you to keep cool and keep the sun out of your face while exploring outdoors.